Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Navigation ProgramEvery Woman. Every Year. The Michigan BC3NP can help an eligible woman, aged 21-64*, get breast and cervical screening services yearly whether she has insurance or not. We provide navigation services to help her receive the screening, follow-up care for an abnormal test result, and/or treatment if a breast or cervical cancer is diagnosed.
Income eligible guidelines:
- $36,450/year for 1 person
- $49,300/year for family of 2
- $62,150/year for family of 3
- $75,000/year for family of 4
- $87,850/year for family of 5
If a woman, aged 21-64*, is uninsured, a navigator will enroll her in our program and arrange for her to receive these services as indicated:
- Clinical Breast Exam
- Screening Mammogram
- Pap Test
- Pelvic Exam
- Diagnostic Services specific to breast and/or cervical cancer
If a woman has insurance, but has a high deductible that must be paid before receiving services or the insurance doesn't completely cover the follow-up care, our navigators can provide help in paying for these follow-up exams:
- Consultation visit with a Breast Surgeon or OB/Gyn doctor
- Diagnostic mammogram, extra views, breast ultrasounds, MRI
- Breast biopsy or aspiration
- Colposcopy with cervical biopsy
If a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer or cervical cancer (or a pre-cancerous cervical condition), the woman is eligible for Medicaid through the Medicaid Treatment Act. For further information contact the Program Coordinator at (231) 547-7277 or call 1-800-432-4121 to schedule an appointment.
*Women under 40 with identified breast or cervical abnormalities may also be eligible.