Health Department of Northwest Michigan


WIC provides free food to women who are pregnant and breastfeeding, and infants and children up to age 5. A family may have many members participating in WIC. Each person's food package is averages $50.00 per month and includes milk, eggs, cheese, cereal, juice, peanut butter, and infant formula. Medical, nutritional and financial needs are reviewed to determine WIC eligibility. Immunizations are also provided at WIC appointments. To be eligible, you must:
You must also meet income guidelines determined by the State of Michigan as follows: Call 1-800-432-4121 for more information or to make an appointment.

How to Choose an Iron Supplement [PDF File]
Feeding Your Baby Pamphlet [PDF File]
Meal Guidelines for Children [PDF File]
Talking with Family Members [PDF File] flyer [PDF File]
Bottle Feeding Guidelines [PDF File]
Finger Foods [PDF File]
Healthy Eating for Preschoolers [External Link]
Safe Food Check for Pregnancy [PDF File]
Meal Guidelines for Pregnant and Lactating Women [PDF File]
Water Intoxification in Infants [PDF File]
Pregnancy Newsletters
Baby and You Newsletters
Your Baby Newsletters
Michigan WIC Food Guide (English) [External Link]
Michigan WIC Food List (Spanish) [External Link]
WIC Program brochure

Links of Interest

WIC/Project Fresh at Farmers Markets
MDCH WIC Website Login
WIC EBT Log-in
ACOG Patient Education FAQs
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
Mother-to-Mother Breastfeeding Peer Support Program Nutrition Info Especially for Moms (USDA)
MyPlate: Five Food Groups
© 2007-2014 Health Department of Northwest Michigan
Notice of Privacy Practices