The Rambler Wellness Program is a collaboration with Boyne City Public Schools, with major funding from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the Michigan Department of Education (MDE).
The program is located in the Boyne City Elementary and Middle School and serves students in K-8th grades. Physical and mental health care services are available, as well as Wellness Education and Health Insurance Assistance.
Physical Health Care Services include:
- Nursing assessment
- Care for minor injuries
- Treatment of mild discomfort due to headache, menstrual cramps, etc.
- Monitoring of blood pressure, height, weight, BMI
- Chronic disease management in partnership with health care provider
- Referral for primary care and specialty health services
- Health assessments and risk reduction
- Assessment of immunization records and immunization clinics
Mental Health Services (with a Licensed Therapist) include:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling sessions
- Family therapy
- Case management or referral for other mental health services
Wellness Education Services inlcude:
- Individual health education
- Classroom presentations
- Small group presentations
- Faculty and staff professional development and training
Health Insurance AssistanceThe Rambler Wellness Program can help students and their families enroll in Medicaid/Healthy Kids or MIChild. MIChild is a health insurance program for uninsured children ages 0- 19 at a price you can afford (Blue Cross coverage for all children in a family for $10/month). Healthy Kids is free health care coverage for pregnant women, babies, and children under age 19.
Clinic HoursMonday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Closed daily 12:45 - 1:15 pm
Call 231-439-8253 for more information or to make an appointment.